/recents

Titulo

The 100 (3x07) - Yu Gonplei ste odon

© Twitter - The 100, CW
(/!\ Please do not read the following article if you haven't watched the episode 7 of the 3rd season /!\)


      Doing this summary was harder than i thought. The 7th episode « Thirteen » was a shock to most fans but also a revelation.

      Although Thirteen starts with a both humourous and tortured Murphy, the most eagerly-awaited scene since episode 6 is the one about the thirteenth station. We discover Becca testing a chip looking much alike the AI distributed by Jaha. While watching this scene, I can’t help thinking about a theory I read on the net a few days earlier (link). Jo Garfein tries to establish a link between A.L.I.E and the Grounders, but I’ll come back to that later. On this station we are lucky to witness a nuclear apocalypse and how it looks like from space. It could almost be magnificient if it weren’t for the billions of humans dying.

      Back to the present, we discover a Lexa once again in a difficult situation, standing before her people’s slaughter. She is torn once more between a Titus trying to show her what is expected from her people and a Clarke wishing to save her own. Let’s notice here that what the Flamekeeper wants to do with the 13th clan looks a lot like the 13th station's fate (apparently even in the futur number 13 is a bad omen). Anew, Lexa decides not to fight the skaikru back but the redundancy of her choices brings her near her death. I’d like to point out that in this scene we can see Titus’s motivation : to protect Lexa. No matter what happens and what she chooses, he will always keep her safe.

      This episode, putting aside the shock and revelations, is the time of reunions and expected scenes by many viewers. « I liked the exchange between Clarke and Octavia » says Alex’. I think that many fans were eager to see those two women back together. For me, Indra’s return was as awesome and to watch her being reunited with her second, walking towards the battlefield made 2 words flickering in front of my eyes : BADASS POWER.

      Of course the peak of this episode and what made people react on the social network (our article here) is Lexa’s death. I know you’re going to hate me but I was never a big fan of her character (what happened in episode 15 of the second season is still stuck in my throat). Though, during the last 10 minutes of this episode, my crying face was reflected on my laptop’s screen. I think the brilliant writing and the excellent actors (especially Neil Sandilands as Titus) can take the credit for my tears. Suddenly, like Clarke, I couldn’t let Lexa go.

      Unfortunately, her death was necessary. Jason Rothenberg has said it on many interviews. Firstly, the actress Alycia Debnam-Carey is very busy with Fear the walking dead. Secondly, and it’s the most important point to me, her death serves the story. Killing Lexa wasn’t senseless, thanks to it the story moves forward. Just in this episode, it allows to establish a link between A.L.I.E and the Grounders.
      Before going deeper in this secret starting to get revealed, I would like to write more about the reasons of her death. For one of my friends, her death wasn’t necessary and she deserved a « real death » (understand : dying from a random shot isn’t worthy of Lexa). Ok, we would imagine her dying on the battlefield, being a symbol for many generations. But death (and life) are also this : accidents. Moreover, I believe that the way she died will be useful for the rest of the serie (although i hope it won’t turn against Clarke and Murphy).

      Lastly, I’ve read here and there about how the Clexa scenes preceding the final electroshock were only an amplifier. It’s highly likely, what would be this show if it didn’t make us feel like being on a rollercoaster anyway ? But again, this serie is a representation of what is and what could be life in a post-apocalyptic world. So why couldn’t this two leaders have their little moment of happiness before seeing it torn from them ?

      Ok, now I’d like to end this article about what Lexa’s death truly bring to the story. As previously explained, it allows to establish a link between A.L.I.E and the Grounders. Jo Garfein (yeah, remember… he’s the author of that theory I told you about at the beginning of this 400 km long article) listed many resemblances between those two groups who seemed very different so far. On of those similitudes, a same quote said by two characters in two different episodes (« Death is not the end » heard from Lexa and later Jaha). In this same theory, Garfein writes that the nightblood might be a geneticly modified blood to have control over the Grounder people through their Commander. The second scene on bord of the thirteenth station when we notice Becca injecting herself a black liquid has an uncanny likeness with that theory. Later, Titus call the people surrounding a drawing of a woman (probably representing Becca) as the « first Nightbleeders ». It seems that the Grounders’s ancestors were injected the mix created by our crazy scientist. Thirteen also reveals that the reincarnation of this people is possible through the A.I : A.L.I.E 2. All of this leads me to ask myself a question : Is the Commander chosen only from the Nightbloods because this A.I only works on a preconditioned body ?

      Apart from all these theories and questions to myself, I’d like to underline my delight before the approach technology – mythology. I find it amusing and brilliant that what was part of the grounders’s mythology for so long, had actually a technological basis (Becca more or less seen as a goddess). I hope we will see more of that in the future.

Jus Drein jus daun !


      What will happen in episode 8. After Thirteen, nothing is less certain. With Alex’, we apprehend the fate of our two skypeople Clarke et Murphy. Let’s hope the new Commander will not reinforce the old Grounder saying...


- Izzy, AJI-Team

Aucun commentaire

Translate

Fourni par Blogger.